We allow our clients to listen to and interact with large, complex groups of stakeholders.
Many projects – including those in public outreach, public works, and local government – require extensive, two-way contact between our client and a larger social group. Connecting clients with their key publics is a core part of Chelgate’s offer: we help our clients to understand their audiences’ motivations, irritations, prejudices and preferences.
We engage with public opinion and sentiment in a variety of ways.
- Surveys or polling, sometimes using professional Romanian polling agencies including Sociopol and CURS
- Door-step interaction in Romanian, over wide or small areas
- Exhibitions (e.g. in advance of a major construction project)
- Public debates and talks (e.g. a televised debate at a Bucharest university)
- Social media monitoring
- Use of a comprehensive media and sentiment monitoring platform like Sentiment
Chelgate’s community relations clients are diverse and value our broad experience in engaging with large groups across Romania. For our clients we have undertaken a variety of different and challenging assignments.
- For a large public sector client, we have raised awareness among large sections of the Romanian population about the client’s new role by organising and running a programme of talks across the country. Chelgate arranged visits by client staff to over 16,000 students and teachers. In the course of our programme, 2,295 schools submitted projects as part of a nationwide campaign.
- For a government agency, Chelgate organised a series of debates in Romanian cities to promote the client’s policy priorities to key audiences. The campaign reached students, the press and the general public. On another, similar assignment, Chelgate’s public debates brought together over 1,700 students at 12 debates, generating over 140 pieces of press coverage.
- For a large, international client we managed social media accounts (with many thousands of followers), and Chelgate has recently assisted the client by analysing and describing the current social media environment in each European member state (click here for more information about our work across Europe).
- For a prominent Romanian charity, Chelgate created and placed a series of radio spots to complement a range of national events also being managed by Chelgate.